What is good for the individual is not necessarily good for the system and visa versa.
If you optimize for the system too fully it will be detrimental to the individuals and if you optimize fully for the individual it will be detrimental to the system. Ways that system needs conflict with individual wants/needs:
- Death is good and necessary for the system
- Flexuations are good for the system, but disruptive to individuals
- Too much stability is bad for the system
- Pruning of individuals is good for the system
- Competition and stress are good for the system
- Equality is bad for the system
Therefore, changing the system for the benefit of individuals is not always a good thing.
Is it possible to find stability areas and systems that give the maximum benefits to the individuals with out being too disruptive or unstable as a system?
Posted in: System Thoughts