We have some ideas for exploring techniques for system improvements including:
- Using nature as an example
- Modeling techniques
- Experimentation techniques
We also have many ideas for research into making potential system improvements including the following:
- In the Economic System
- Economic development without disruption in developing countries.
- Better distribution of wealth and resources
- Reduction of environmental problems and issues
- Find economic/business models that make better use of resources without destroying them
- Reduce extreme consumerism of current capitalism
- Poverty reduction
- Reduction in slavery and exploitation
- Maintain information/power balance in a free economy
- In the Social System
- Social Media improvements
- Overcome the drive to spread outrage.
- Terrorism reduction (through meme and cultural understanding – must change the ideology)
- Better Communities
- Overcoming natural human tendency to see “us vs them”
- Crime reduction
- In the Political System
- Improved political systems that balance power, give people voice and make more intelligent decisions
- Corruption reduction
- Improved transitional governments
- Better stable and peaceful governments
More specifically, there are systems of special interest to the System Modeling Institute because they seem to particularly problematic right now.
- Medical system
- Education system
- Justice system
These are just some ideas for potential future research. We are open to additional ideas and suggestions.